L-Carnitine is a vitamin-like substance occurring naturally in raw materials of both animal and vegetable origin. It transports long-chain fatty acids to the mitochondria to produce energy.
L-Carnitine plays a key role in energy metabolism, and while a certain amount is synthesised from amino acids available in the body, this amount is often not enough, particularly in times of high performance. Without L-carnitine the long-chain fatty acids cannot be used as a source of energy.
Supplementation with L-carnitine is essential for animals during reproduction, in periods of rapid growth or when the liver metabolism is overloaded. In addition to the metabolic functions, L-carnitine also has an antioxidant function and immunomodulary effects.
The nutritionists at Kaesler have developed different formulations of L-carnitine in the Carneon range, providing solutions to optimize energy supply via feed to achieve the higher performance levels demanded of our animals today.
Did you know?
- There are two different isomers of carnitine – D-carnitine is toxic and biologically inactive in the body while L-carnitine is much-needed, actively supporting the energy metabolism.
The benefits for animals
- Increased vitality of piglets
- Reduced risk of ketosis in dairy cows
- Stronger bones and lean muscle
- Attenuated age-associated cognitive decline
- Promotes cardiovascular health
The benefits for farmers
- Efficient daily growth and feed conversion ratio in young animals
- Increased reproductive cycle ratios
- Improved productive parameters, such as increased milk production, carcass quality, egg production, laying persistence and hatchability
Available in powder and rumen-protected formulations, also suitable for liquid application for all animal species.
Bags of 25 kgs net